Paprika (2006)

Ummm... Yeah...

The story had something to do with a technological device that could allow two people to share the same dream. It was meant for therapy purposes. Then the story just got super weird in incomprehensible.

I will say that, visually, this was a pretty fantastical film. It had some solid animation and some really weird imagery. It holds up to the best of Miyamoto films. That being said, the story? What can I say that hasn't already been said? Ummm... Yeah...

I tried to make sense of it. To me it seems like this one was meant to be a series rather than a single film. Instead, we get characters thrown at us for no known reason. There are at least two instances in the film where they bring up a character as if we're supposed to know who they are talking about and it turns out they are important to the story. I kept feeling like I was missing something!

Overall, for the visuals, this one is good but the story is so all over the place that I feel it is a one-and-done for me.

I will only recommend this one if you are a hardcore anime film fan. Maybe you can make more sense of it than I did!

Comments