Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

My son and I see every MCU film in the theater. Sometimes, that doesn't always mean the film is good and this is one of those.

The story brings Ant Man and the ant relatives into the Quantum realm. Kang wants a power source to escape the realm and apparently Scott Lang is the only one who can help him. A fight ensues.

Honestly, I didn't care. The story was not good. For much of the film I was wondering how much more I would have to sit through. I go to these films to share the experience with my son but if it was just me there, I might have actually left halfway through.

I will agree with the majority of folks that Kang was easily the best thing in the film. Jonathan Majors brought his A game to the character. I do have complaints though as this super advanced science guy can't figure out what the 'lesser' human can with all of the resources at his command. Majors did a good job though.

I won't go into too much detail on MODOK but, gawd, what a complete waste of a character. That and the CGI was ridiculous. I have heard that folks can't get MODOK right and this proves it. I will say, however, that the Marvel Avengers game did a really good job with the character so it can be done.

Then the Ant family. I just didn't care for any of them. Scott was...there. Cassie was...there. Hope was...barely there. Pfeiffer was... slightly more interesting. Hank was...a chauffeur. Really, I didn't care at all for the family.

Then there are the almost entirely forgettable revolutionaries who were...kinda there. When an eleven year old boy says his favorite part of the film was the character that couldn't stop talking about holes, something is severely wrong.

Overall, this movie lacked everything. I may be at superhero burnout but the track record of the MCU has fallen apart. Wakanda Forever is the rate exception to this. Everything else past No Way Home has shown there is no clear direction the MCU is going.

No, I will not recommend this one and it may actually be my least favorite MCU film out of all of them!

Comments