Werewolves Within (2021)

After seeing general positive reviews on this one, I jumped in. It didn't hurt that it stars some of my favorite sidekick comedians like Sam Richardson and Harvey Guillen.

The story is about a friendly park ranger, played by Richardson, who is transferred to a small town in the woods. As he meets the quirky characters of the town, a mystery starts to play out and it looks like a werewolf may be behind it. It's up to Richardson to figure out what is going on.

This one was a fun balance of comedy, a whodunnit, and a bit of the supernatural. I don't know what I was expecting, since I went in blind, but I can't think of any case where I didn't love both Richardson and Guillen. There were also two actors from Orange is the New Black.

Overall, I enjoyed this film. It was fun and brought a fresh feel to werewolf films. It wasn't as much of the thrill as much as the journey of getting there. I plan on watching the director's other film tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'll recommend this one.

Comments