The Menu (2022)

My friends had been talking this one up so I went in on it once it hit HBO Max. I went into this one blind and I'm glad I did.

The story, what I can write, is about a group of hoity toity upper class folks who go to a private island for a private dining experience with one of the top chefs in the world. A range of guests have different backgrounds but all are there to enjoy, rate, review, etc. the food. Ove the course of the meal, there is something not quite right. As the movie progresses, it turns from a meal into a thriller.

That's all I can tell you. This is one of those films it is good to go in blind on. I have heard that the trailer doesn't give anything away which is good. There is just so much 'weird' going on that the blind viewing is well worth it.

Overall, I can't give too much more of a review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do have one small thing that I had to really suspend my disbelief on but the rest of the film was so interesting that I can overlook it.

Yes, I'll recommend this one, for sure!

Comments