Scare Me (2020)

Since I watched Josh Ruben's other film, Werewolves Within, yesterday, I wanted to go back and watch this one.

The story is about a wannabe horror author meeting a very popular horror author. They are both on retreat in different cabins to write. When the power goes out, they get together to tell scary stories in front of the fireplace to pass the time.

I liked done of the things in this film and not others. One thing is that the stories ended up going on for too long making the end feel rushed. The other is that there is a pizza delivery guy who shows up 2/3 of the way through the film but ultimately served no real purpose in moving the overall story forward. It didn't matter a lick that he was there.

This film would be a good one for aspiring sound artists as it did a good job with that aspect. The stories themselves were just 'told' but with the sound it added a level.

This one had a semi-unique twist to it but it was so forecast that it didn't feel like it by the end. I figured the majority of it out by the first hint.

Overall, I did enjoy it but not as much as Werewolves Within. The writer, director, and main actor was fun to watch and he did some great impressions (as did the woman). I just wish it was tightened up a bit as the stories went one or two longer than they should have.

Sure, I'll recommend this.

Comments