Resident Evil: Damnation (2012)

Since I finished Resident Evil 5 this afternoon, it was time to watch Damnation since it falls between 5 and 6.

This one follows Leon Kennedy in a country called the Slav Republic. This time, freedom fighters are using B.O.W.s to fight the government as there is a huge split between rich and poor. As always, things don't go as planned and thankfully Leon is there to make things right.

I'm loving how the games and CGI films build upon the lore. The good stuff started in Code Veronica and gets better and better as it goes along. By the time we get to Resident Evil 4, the foundation of a strong continual story is set and it carried over into 5 and this film.

We also get recurring characters so this time Leon had Ada Wong as a return side character. We never know who she is working for or what she is up to but she's always an interesting character.

Overall, I enjoyed this one. They shouldn't have killed off one of the fun characters, but that's the way it is. I do love the end boss(es) as there was a definite menace.

Yes, I'll recommend it and do so even more if you play through the series like I am as it adds extra layers to the story.

Comments