Dead Snow (2009)

iTunes has a Blood in the Snow sale this week and Dead Snow was on it so I picked it up as I've always been curious. I didn't realize it was a Norwegian zombie film.

The story is about a group of medical students who go on Easter holiday to a cabin in the middle of nowhere. When a stranger shows up and gives exposition on the area and the history of a group of Germans who threatened the area during World War II, it seems logical that it will play a part in the rest of the film. From there were get Nazi Zombies!!

This one had some major homages to Sam Raimi in regards to a mix of humor and over the top blood. I sometimes felt like I was watching an Evil Dead film (which is never a bad thing). It also really really liked entrails!

While it was not very big on continuity, it was still fun. It did, however, rely heavily on tropes so it felt like some of it was just a plagiarism from a range of other films. It was original in regards to Nazi Zombies, at the very least. I'm actually wondering if the zombie parts of Call of Duty came before or after this film.

Overall it didn't bring a lot to the table but it was entertaining enough to keep my interest. The humor, more towards the end, gave me some chuckles.

Sure, I'll recommend it for the cheese factor.

Comments