The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)

The trailer to this one interested me so I figured I'd jump in now that it's on HBO Max.

The story is of two friends on a secluded Irish island. One of them just up and decides, one day, that he doesn't want to be friends with the other anymore and provides an ultimatum stating that the other shall not talk to him at all anymore. From there things escalate.

It's hard classifying this one. HBO labels it as a Drama and Comedy. While there are a few laughs, it's really far more morose than comedic.

The themes are more about depression and loneliness than anything else. There was some solid acting but now that I've finished it, it left me feeling bummed out.

There were a couple of things that were a bit unbelievable that occurred but they didn't detract from it. The acting was solid from everyone. It was also fun to see the Irish island as it reminds me a lot of our visit to Ireland and the Aran Islands.

Overall, it's hard to rate this one as it's not east to categorize. I'm sure it will be up for awards.

I'll recommend it but it's not a feel good movie by any means and certainly NOT a comedy!

Comments