Summer School (1987)

I figured today would be a good day to flip the script. Instead of Christmas in July, I did July in Christmas and watched two summer films.

The story is a typical 80s film about a bunch of misfit students (and teacher) who are forced to take Summer School to pass reading. That's really about the core of it.

I have seen this one multiple times and it is still a lot of fun. It wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it, but I do find myself quoting it to this day.

For being a typical film, it actually had some film muscle behind it. Carl Reiner directed it and Danny Elfman did the score. It also starred Courtney Thorne-Smith and Shawnee Smith as well as Mark Harmon and Kirstie Alley.

Mostly this is just one of those films that had charm and fun and didn't take itself too seriously.

Yes, I'll recommend it but keep in mind it is an 80s comedy so it has that feel which is less refined than some other comedies.

Comments