I Love My Dad (2022)

I've been wanting to see this one and it finally showed up on Hulu. I'm a fan of Patton Oswalt. This one is a very different a Patton.

The story is about a father and son but the father is basically a deadbeat. He constantly lies and makes up excuses to spend any time with his son. When he is blocked on both social media and the phone, he follows his friend's advice and creates a fake profile. From there, things escalate and get out of control.

Hulu labels this one as a comedy..I did get one chuckle but it is really a creepy af film. It's anxiety-producing. It's not a horror or thriller but it could be labeled either, in part. As things progressed I felt more and more uncomfortable.

That being said, it was also a film that I likely won't forget. It was well done, even with those aforementioned factors.

I struggle to give this one a recommendation, as the content was so creepy, but if you want something different, it's worth a viewing. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Comments