The World is Not Enough (1999)

So not so Bond films can hit a home run and this is one of them that misses the mark. It does have some things going for it though.

The story is about a bad guy who steals some plutonium and threatens to use it. It also centers on a woman whose father is killed and she must keep up the family business of oil and an oil pipeline. Without giving anything else away, that's about all I can say.

A couple of things going for this one? It stars Sophie Marceau and she is babelicious. I guess I have a thing for French women. HA! The other thing going for it is that the theme song was sung by Garbage who are one of my favorite bands.

The reason this one isn't as good is it is hokey as heck. The whole premise is just dumb as dirt. I think the good writers took a holiday on this script. Plus I had to suspend my disbelief so much in believing that Denise Richards was a nuclear physicist when it looks like she just graduated from high school.

This one had Robbie Coltrane (RIP) again which made me think of Hagrid the entire time. It also starred Robert Llewyn in his last stint as Q. He was always a favorite of mine in the franchise and will be missed in future films.

Overall, it had a couple of ok action sequences but the story just flopped, IMHO. I usually like Robert Carlyle but the premise behind his character was idiotic, at best.

I'd say this one is an easy one to skip.

Comments