The Dish (2000)

Today's movie of the day = The Dish. I think this one was produced in the United States but it is about an Australian experience. It stars Sam Neill and Patrick Warburton.

The film is based on a true story about a satellite dish located in Australia and the group of men who helped broadcast the Apollo 11 mom landing in July of 1969. NASA worked with the Australians to make sure the broadcast went through. The other satellite dish was in the northern hemisphere.

Along the way there are some things that challenge the broadcast but I don't want to talk about them here as it would give away too much.

I always love to get Lisa's goat and tell her that the moon landing never happened and it was produced. (No, I don't believe this but it's fun to rile her up sometimes).

It was a good film and was lighthearted and had a little humor in there as well. There was a completely unnecessary 'old' Sam Neill scene which served no purpose but overall that is a trivial thing.

Yes, I'd recommend this and suggest watching this coupled with Hidden Figures and Apollo 13. (And yes, I realize these were different missions)

Comments