RRR (2022)

I went into this one with few preconceptions. Most of my previous Bollywood experience was with musicals. Thankfully, I paid attention the reviews from friends and a vlogger I follow and I dove into this one Halloween night since I had to hand out candy anyhow.

The story is about two men, one a policeman and one a farmer. It is set in 1920 India where the British still claimed the country in the name of expansion. The policeman is a strict, by the book policeman who does a great job in his role. The farmer is looking for his sister who was (practically) kidnapped by a British governor and his wife. These two stories become intermeshed and the police officer and farmer become best friends in the ultimate bromance. From there, telling too much more would give away too much of the film.

I mention the bromance but if ever there was one, this is it. The two main characters work so well together. The chemistry between them is strong and if there ever was a duo I want to see on screen doing action-packed things more, it is these two! They were the heart and soul of the film.

The other big thing about this one is that it put a smile on my face for much of the film. It's three hours long and it flies by. There is rarely a scene that doesn't feel like it fits and propels the story forward. It works on so many levels. It is also just pure fun!

I do have one complaint about the mission of the police officer, which is later revealed, but that's a minor one that i can easily overlook.

The computer animation is pretty rough but it's so fun that it doesn't really matter that much. When using live animal as projectile weapons, there is already a need for a suspension of disbelief.

The music in the film was fantastic. For the songs that were slower, the lyrics added to the story. For the songs that were faster, they kept the viewer pumped.

Overall I am very glad I decided to finally jump into this one. It is well worth the time, IMHO!

I will recommend this one wholeheartedly.

Comments