Never Say Never Again (1983)

Maybe Sean Connery should have just said 'never again' after Diamonds Are Forever and left it at that. Instead, he made the decision to join up with Never Say Never Again and, well, let's just say the result was like season eight of Game of Thrones, it was a complete suckfest.

The story is actually Thunderball again but done in a way that was not nearly as charming, interesting, or fun. This time Blofeld is played by Max Von Sydow and is the fourth version of Blofeld I've seen so far (I watched this one out of order and plan on going back to the Roger Moore films now). It had something to do with kidnapped nuclear devices and blowing them up if the world doesn't pay the bad guy the ransom.

Honestly, I found myself distracted for much of the film. It just dragged. Even the action scenes were tame. I found myself giving no attention to the bad guy as he just seems like a next door neighbor instead of an evil mastermind.

Overall this was very disappointing. You could tell Connery was not giving it his all. He got a big paycheck for it but he dialed it in.

I'd recommend just skipping this one and realizing, much like the internet says, that this is NOT an official James Bond film in any way, shape or form.

Comments