The Big Steal (1990)

Today's movie of the day = The Big Steal. Another Australian movie although I'm down to fifteen left on my list. (I've gone through twenty-seven so far).

This one was ok. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. It's funny always seeing the same actors in so many different films as Australia only seems to have Ben Mendelssohn, Mel Gibson, Eric Bana, and Chris Hemsworth. :)

This one felt like an 80s film which is about right since it came out in 1990. It fits the teen misadventures category well. It's about a boy who wants to impress a girl so he buys a used Jaguar from a seedy car salesman. Hijinks ensue and the boy needs to take care of business on his own.

There were some amusing moments in it. It's hard to call it a comedy, as there are no laugh out loud moments, but it was lighthearted.

I wouldn't say no to this film but it's not high on my list to ever need to see again.

Comments