The Viewing (2022)

Film seven of eight in the Cabinet of Curiosities and my least favorite of the bunch. It had potential but they spent so long without any reveal that by the time it happened, it didn't really matter anymore.

The story is about a range of professionals from author to astrophysicist, who are given an invite to a rich guy's house. They sit around, drink, do drugs, and listen to the rich guy prattle on about absolutely nothing.'

OK, I summarize the film with a bit of annoyance as this is kinda how it went. Over 3/4 of the film was them just sitting around drinking, doing drugs, and never giving us any depth to any of the characters. Instead, by the time the big reveal comes along, it is pretty pointless.

I might have missed something but I just didn't care when it was over.

No, I'd say to skip this one.

Comments