Saw VI (2009)

The next in my Saw marathon. Thankfully they kinda got back on track after two less than solid ones. This one tried to get back to the rules which was one of the big problems with the last two. It also brought back Shawnee Smith for a small role and I'll never complain about that.

This one follows the usual detective once again. It also has a group of health insurance people so it makes sense in the big picture.

I do find it kinda funny that Jigsaw recorded a bunch of material before his character death. He died several films ago but apparently has tapes for a bunch of people. That's planning!

The big thing about this is that it brought back some of the rules. Since this was established as the point, in the first couple of films, straying from it means getting away from the core purpose.

I liked how things tied up. I actually kinda saw it coming from earlier material but it was interesting to see how things played out. The story got interesting again.

Yes, I'll recommend this one once again but the thing is you have to watch the last two films to understand what is going on with this one.

Comments