Saw V (2008)

How do you make a Saw movie boring? You release Saw V to the public. I actually had seen this one before (I remember the first kill so I THINK I've seen it before)

This one focuses on the detective and FBI agent. It also has five folks who are city planners and such. Really, there isn't much point in trying to retell the story as it was all over the place.

And this is the problem. The rules were completely thrown out this time. There was really no point to the torture of any of the characters. We didn't care about them by the end. The only one I did care for was Julie Benz because she was Darla in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I knew who she was. But really, there was absolutely no purpose to their side story.

Then there was the cat and mouse between the detective and the FBI agent. The thing is, it didn't matter one bit. The writers TRIED to make it clever but failed miserably. So far this is easily the worst of the series.

No, I won't recommend this one.

Comments