Saw III (2006)

Continuing on my Saw marathon. Looking at the poster for this film (as I log it) I am not sure why they chose to use teeth as the representation of 3 since there was nothing to do with them in the film. Oh well. I have seen this one before so it wasn't a big surprise.

The story follows Jigsaw as he gets worse and worse in his health. He needs a surgery but, being the bad guy he is, he has to do it through nefarious means. It also challenges a guy who lost his son in a drunk driving incident. Finally, it covers Amanda as she shows her increased connection to Jigsaw and her emotion about it.

Any movie with more Shawnee Smith is good by me. I looked her up and she's two years older than me so she has to be a vampire.

This one was OK but you can see it is starting to become more about the killing and less about a deep story. Jigsaw's reasoning in this one seemed flawed, at best. There are a lot of balls in the air and not all of them are logical. Let's just chalk them up to brain tumor.

Overall it was still entertaining. The traps didn't seem as clever, however.

Yes, I'll recommend it to those fans of visceral horror.

Comments