Saw 3D (aka The Final Chapter) (2010)

The latest in my Saw marathon. Almost done! Thank goodness because if this one was any indication of how the series will continue, the next two films are going to be hard to get through due to crappy writing (and acting).

This one follows the detective, once again, but this time he's out for revenge. A best-selling author gets to be the subject of Jigsaw's wrath this time around. This one is a bloodbath. I really don't need to go into much more detail as it's the same old, same old.

They did try to make things relevant as there is a twist but it is WAY too late in the franchise and it really doesn't make sense. The rest of it is pretty cookie cutter for Saw films. Thing is, now they are getting lazy with why victims are in the game. I joke about the idea that by the next film Jigsaw's motives will be to put someone who constantly jaywalks into the game so they can learn an important lesson about road safety.

The other detective (not the bad guy) was a horrible actor. Every time he was on screen I would wince. I don't expect great acting in these films but he has been the worst, by far.

Overall this one just tried to figure out how to wrap things up but it was a complete mess. Where some of the previous films were slightly clever, this one just left me bored for the same old same old but with an even lazier script. I'm hoping it is the end of the regular series of films as the next one I watch is Jigsaw, which comes around seven years later. (I just read a headline on it and it seems like the original plan was to have 3D be the last one but Hollywood got greedy, as usual).

No, I will not recommend this one. I really can't say if I like it better, worse, or equal than five, but it's darned close.

Comments