Resurrection (2022)

What a steaming pile of poo this one was! I went into it because I usually like Rebecca Hall in her roles. She was decent in The Night House so I was hoping for more in this. Sadly, the script let her down.

The story is about a woman with emotional baggage from 22-years earlier. That's my synopsis because I don't want to give it any more attention than needed.

Hall did fine in her acting like a nutball but, like I stated, the script made zero sense and the ending was abysmal. Even Tim Roth couldn't save this film. It was so insanely idiotic that I couldn't get past it. I thought that it had to get better at some point and I was wrong, it got WORSE, which is saying a lot!

I thought maybe I missed something and there was some allegory to mental health or jilted lovers or something. Nope. It was just plain stupid.

This film tries to be an A24 film and it achieves the pompousness of one. Sometimes making a film just because it can be made doesn't mean it SHOULD be made. Didn't we learn that from Jurassic Park?!

No, I will most certainly NOT be recommending this one.

Comments