Pickman's Model (2022)

The fifth in the Cabinet of Curiosities and my favorite so far. It was based on a H.P. Lovecraft short story.

The story was about an artist who is highly skilled. He meets another artist who paints what he sees, and he doesn't see the bright and shiny side of life. After seeing a painting from this artist, the main artist starts seeing some of the dark in life and it affects him greatly.

The mood of this one was gritty and dark. It fit the Lovecraftian world very well in the way it was represented. The acting was also solid and added to the mood.

I loved the way it ended. It felt just downright morose and fit the story very well. It's hard not to give away the ending because it was done so well.

I can't really give too much more away on my review as you just have to see it to see how it builds and builds to the ultimate climax.

Yes, I'll recommend this one.

Comments