Hell Fest (2018)

Going in on the horror films that I haven't seen yet so started with this one. It had some stuff going for it but eventually became kinda boring.

The story is about a group of friends who go to a haunted festival. During their time there, one of the girls starts getting stalked by a guy in a mask. Deaths occur.

For the setting, I would love to see this festival as an actual location as I'd be there with bells on! One of the funny things is that the 'highlight' of the festival was the most generic part of it.

I think one of the big things, for me, is that I am not scared at all by killers in masks. For example, Michael Myers is the least scary killer of all. So, in this film, the masked killer was not frightening in the least.

I did like the group of friends. They actually seemed like an actual group of friends. That is, until they start dropping like flies and no one in the group actually seems to care. They shrug it off like, where is that person? And then they just move on.

This one seems very tame overall. It seems more like a 'made for TV' horror film. Either that or they were attempting to save money on their blood budget. Or, after just finishing the Saw films, most any other film seems tame? Who knows.

All this being said, it was kinda fun. I enjoyed it but I expect there are better ones about haunted houses than this one.

I'll recommend it for an 'easy' horror film.

Comments