Graveyard Rats (2022)

Checked out the second film in the Cabinet of Curiosities anthology. Still reminding me of a darker version of Amazing Stories and still fun. This one was even shorter than the first one.

The story focuses on a graveyard caretaker in the early 1900s. It turns out he doesn't have scruples and is a grave robber. He also owes money to a local gang for some unknown reason. When he finds a recent death that will net him the money he needs, and then some, he goes in for a big score only to find that he's been beaten to the punch.

This is not one for anyone who is claustrophobic or has a fear of rats.

I liked how it played out. It was almost a lighthearted horror. There was a strange twist, late in the episode, which I'm guessing will be a part of tying the range of stories together. So far these first two have themes of greed so I'm guessing it will be recurring in the series.

Overall it was still fun and I look forward to the next one

Yes, I'll recommend it.

Comments