Dreams in the Witch House (2022)

This is the sixth film of the Cabinet of Curiosities series. It is also another H.P. Lovecraft short story. It starred Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).

The story is about a set of fraternal twins, brother and sister. When the sister passes away from a sickness, the brother relies on his sworn oath that he would protect her and spends his life finding a way to find her again. He is a member of the Spirituality organization which attempts to find otherworldly ways to contact other dimensions. In his pursuit of finding his sister he manages to find a way to cross dimensions but this isn't necessarily a good thing.

This one was my least favorite of the six films so far. It's not that it was bad, as it is still heads and tails above a lot of horror in this day and age, but it wasn't as strong as the other episodes. I think I just didn't connect to the story as much in this one. Grint did a fine job in his role but, honestly, after a certain amount of time, isn't it time to let your sibling remain in the past?

There were some interesting visuals in this one. I wasn't quite sure about Peter Pettigrew, ahem, I mean the man-rat, but hey, it is what it is.

Overall I enjoyed it but it's not as highly ranked on my list. I'll still recommend it, however.

Comments