Clerks III (2022)

I was pleasantly surprised that this came out. I pre-ordered it and wasn't expecting it until December when I thought it was being released so seeing it available to watch this morning I was super happy. I originally had tickets to see it in the theater but I wasn't feeling good that evening so I had to miss it. So now I finally get to see it!

The story follows Dante and Randal from the previous films. Randal ends up having a heart attack (much like Kevin Smith in real life) and, in his survival, questions his life choices and decides to make a film. Of course, this film, in a meta world, is the original Clerks (and a part of Clerks II).

This one was way more heartfelt than it should have been. There were a lot of fantastic moments in it. Who knew Brian O'Halloran could actually act? The story comes back to the themes of friendship and the bond between Dante and Randal which is really the core of the three films. There were moments, for me, where the room got a bit dusty.

This was also a trip down memory lane. For a long time, Kevin Smith was my favorite director. I don't really like him any less but I have moved on to other directors over the years. That being said, I've seen pretty much everything Smith has done and it was fun to revisit Clerks and Clerks II. I recently rewatched both so it was even more fun as I remembered some of the little things.

Overall this film hit me on a pretty deep level and I really enjoyed it.

Yes, I'll recommend it. It is even better if you are a fan of the Clerks films.

Comments