Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons (2022)

Checked this one out since I usually really enjoy the DC Animated films. This one did not disappoint.

The story (mostly) focuses on Jonathan Kent (Superman's son) and Damian Wayne (Batman's son). Jonathan begins to take on superpowers like his dad while going to middle school. Damian is...well...Damian. When a threat to the world appears, it is up to these two boys to save the planet.

I say (mostly) in the beginning because it seems half of the film is a Superman/Batman film and the rest is about their sons. It's not a big problem, but I might have liked more focus on the kids as it really is their film, the title says so!

The animation style in this one was not the usual one. It's the same style that The Dragon Prince uses which I'm not a big fan of. It just seems clunky compared to typical hand drawn animation. I got used to it after awhile, as I did with The Dragon Prince, but I don't have to like it! :)

Overall it was as entertaining as all of the other titles. I'm really wondering if DC is in the next phase of big storytelling like they did with Apokolips. If so, it is logical to introduce Jonathan Kent.

Yes, I'll recommend this one.

Comments