Leprechaun 2 (1994)

Well here we go. I thought I had seen more than just the first one but I was incorrect so this was all new to me. And the marathon continues...

Whew, it's over.

They pretty much rebooted this one from the first one but kept Warwick Davis (best choice) to play the Leprechaun. Where the 'lore' they had introduced in the original was just that, they threw that all out and started afresh. No longer mentioning four-leaf clovers or the fact that the Leprechaun was 600-years old, instead they changed his vulnerability, made him 2,000-years old, and brought him back from death to be in Hollywood, for some reason.

The story is...well, do I really need to explain? Oh, I guess there was one new component. Once, every thousand years, a Leprechaun can take a wife if she sneezes three times and no one says God Bless You. There, that's the new story.

Yes, these films are a whole new level of cheese. You can see the strings holding up actors. The acting is...ummm...they tried, I guess. But we don't watch these films for that, we watch them for Davis playing the Leprechaun. Oh, and there were some stunt boobs in this film.

I'll say what I said yesterday about recommending this. If you like a good amount of cheese and can get past everything else, you should watch it. But if you can't suspend your disbelief, skip it.

Comments