Child's Play 2 (1990)

Took a quick side trip to a non-Chucky film yesterday but I'm back to my Child's Play marathon. I have seen the first few in this series already so it wasn't a surprise.

The story is that Andy, from the first film, has been moved into a foster home as his mom was put in a psych ward due to her ranting about a doll trying to kill her and Andy. The Good Guys company is trying to prove that nothing was wrong with their doll so they get the mutilated 'corpse' and rebuild it to show they had no malfeasance. And guess who comes back to life? Shocker! Chucky then continues his pursuit of Andy to take over his body and become human again.

This one was a bit slow to get going. Chucky is really only in the last half of the film. That being said, there was some solid imagery and practical effects. Being that this film could easily fall into the hokey category, the effort they put into the doll and effects was solid.

Another thing was the final set. I shudder to think of how much of the budget went into the toy factory and the sheer amount of Good Guys doll boxes! I would venture to guess there were hundreds, if not thousands, of them!

Still fun and I'm enjoying the marathon so far. I think I watched up through the first Bride one so these are second viewings for me and a lot more fun than Leprechaun so far! :)

Yes, I'll recommend this one as it did a good job of following the first film.

Comments