Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017)

Finished out my Resident Evil live-action Milla Jovovich run (I forgot there was the new one, Welcome to Raccoon City). It was good to finish out on a high note after 4 and 5 were such train wrecks when it came to story.

This one actually had more story than most of the rest of the series combined. It was a surprise, for sure. I enjoyed this one for more than just the action.

The story is that Alice has to return to what is left of Raccoon City (after the events of the first film) to get the antidote for the T-Virus which, once airborne, will wipe out anything infected with the virus. Along the way she meets up with one of her old crew, battles an old baddies or two, and has to fight off hordes of zombies in the meantime. Typical fare.

The big thing came with a twist near the end which I didn't really see coming. It wasn't like it was out of the blue, it made sense, but I didn't recognize it until it happened, which is a good thing.

I do like that they went into the religious zealot mind with one of the characters. I vaguely remember one of the games in the series following this and it would have been even better to have a full film dedicated to the premise as it was one of those things that could easily happen in a post-apocalyptic world.

Overall I enjoyed this one far more than expected. I actually rate it as my second favorite of the series (behind the first one). There was some definite cheese to it, but it at least tried to back the cheese up with some story so it worked.

Yes, I'll recommend this one, especially if you've made it through the franchise like I did! :)

Comments