Ip Man 2: Legend of the Grandmaster

Now I'm into the areas of Ip Man I haven't journeyed to before and I wonder what took me so long! This one was really good! Granted, it was two films in one but that's ok because they were two good films we've already seen with its own flair.

The first is The Karate Kid in that it is Ip Man setting up his own dojo in Hong Kong and his students have conflicts with students from another dojo. Then it flips to Rocky IV n which it becomes an East meets West boxing match with big stakes.

It was kinda weird that it went this route but it didn't really detract from the film. Donnie Yen was amazing, once again. If I have any complaints about it, they underutilized his role. He was important to the story but not like they first film.

The end of the film is an edge of the seat one and I found myself actively rooting for the good guys to win.

Yes, I'll recommend this one with no caveats.

Comments