Everything, Everywhere, All at Once (2022)

This one was an A24 film I was actually looking forward to (which is not very common for me as I can't stand most of the stuff they produce). I did, however, know that one of the few films from the studio that I have enjoyed was Swiss Army Man and I was happy to know that EEAaO was directed by the same director.

I'll just start off by saying how much I absolutely LOVED this film! It's one of those films that will leave a long-term impact on me. I am so close to putting it in my top ten of all-time list but I have to give it a day or two before I decide if I truly want to do so. If it is not top ten it is pretty darned close!

The story is about a woman, played by the always great Michelle Yeoh, who owns a laundromat, has marriage problems, has father and daughter problems, and is being audited by the IRS. From there, her husband "changes" and basically tells her that there is a multiverse and what happens to each if us if we zig instead of zag. I can't go into any great detail without giving away too much.

There is humor in here, for sure, but it's the existentialism that hit a home run for me. Much like Swiss Army Man, it makes us question who we are and what makes us who we are. I connected to this film on a deeper level.

I had held off on this one to get a digital version I could watch at home. I only wish I had seen it sooner.

If you couldn't tell, I will definitely, absolutely recommend this film! It will be a continual viewing for me down the road, especially with the new career I have taken on.

Comments