Trail of the Pink Panther (1982)

Today's "movie" of the day = Trail of the Pink Panther. I put movie in quotes because it is only one in the loosest sense of the word. It was assembled two years AFTER Peter Sellers death so there were some luxuries taken with his likeness.

This one is a morally ambiguous question as they used extra footage from Revenge of the Pink Panther and tried to pawn it off as a new film. The other thing is that they have a character who is a news reporter who goes around interviewing prior characters from earlier Pink Panther films. In this, Clouseau is seen through old clips.

I can't say anything good about this one. The sheer audacity to release a 'new' Pink Panther film without Sellers is one of the worst things I think I've ever really heard of production studios doing. I can't even like the use of old characters as they have continuity issues using characters that were erased from franchise history. (Both literally and figuratively!)

No, I will certainly NOT recommend this one. It should NEVER have been made!

Comments