The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)

Today's movie of the day = The Pink Panther Strikes Again. This is the fourth of the Pink Panther films starring the ever awesome Peter Sellers. (I have two more to go)

This one is still good but not as good as A Shot in the Dark and The Return of the Pink Panther. I think it's mostly because it's not really a case that Clouseau has to solve as much as it is a comedy of errors in the plot to assassinate him. There are still some classic bits in here but they don't stand out as much as the other two films I mentioned.

One of the best scenes starts the film as the now ex-Chief Inspector Dreyfus (which I realized I was spelling wrong in my past two reviews) is being analyzed by the psychiatric ward he was locked up in at the end of the last film. He SEEMS normal but gets paid a visit by Clouseau and all bets are off.

Still fun and silly. This one also has one of my favorite lines "Does your dog bite?"

Yes, I'll still recommend it but the quality is beginning it's slow decline.

Comments