Obi-Wan Kenobi Season One Review

I was anxiously anticipating the season finale after how awesome last week's episode was and I wasn't let down. The series turned out to be excellent. Before it aired I was thinking there was zero need for a series based on Obi-Wan but I was so wrong!

The story focuses on him, obviously, but also is a good 'fill in the gap ' between Clone Wars and A New Hope. There are several familiar characters (thankfully no Jar Jar) who show up and one I wasn't expecting but added a bunch to the story. I can't say too much more than that without giving away plot points.

Ewan McGregor brought his A Game to the series and turned it up in the final two episodes of the season. Surprisingly, I actually wanted more Hayden Christensen than we got as the addition of him provided more depth to both his and Obi-Wan's characters.

It's really difficult not posting spoilers on my review as I want to shout from the rooftops how those last two episodes were epic! But I can't.

Yes, I'll recommend this series and I hope to goodness it gets another season!

Comments