Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)

Today's movie of the day = Kill Bill: Vol. 2. Continuing my Tarantino marathon if you didn't already figure that out.

Now with this one I have problems. The first one was so well executed today it gets a high mark from me. This one, however, fell very flat for me. Where I gained a deeper appreciation of the first part, I felt about the same with the second part and wasn't really a fan.

One of the things about this is that the showdown between Uma Thurman and any of her remaining rivals just weren't that exciting. There is no motive for Michael Madsen and you don't even know why him and Bill are friends. Darryl Hannah, while her end is a bit more satisfying, still felt like there was no real purpose for her character.

The only part of this film that I was fond of was when Thurman trains with the Kung-Fu master. It was the highlight of the film and didn't get the time it deserved.

My biggest complaint is Bill. His character motive is all over the place. I understand what Tarantino was going for but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I felt letdown, especially by the final confrontation. The scene went on far too long and I just didn't care by the end of it.

Overall, I adore the first one and don't care at all for the second. This being said, the first film is definitely worth it but only watch the second if you want to force yourself to continue the story.

Comments