Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Today's first movie of the day = Transformers: The Movie. I decided to revisit my childhood today so I watched this back-to-back with G.I. Joe A Real American Hero: The Movie.

I remember the big death in this film but I forgot that a ton of Autobots, and since Decepticons were also killed, many without any pomp and circumstance. For example, Brawn gets killed but it is over in a few seconds and they move on. There was one Decepticon who was murdered that I had completely forgotten about.

The film is still fun but there is so much going on that it's sometimes hard to remember why certain characters are in certain spots. It bounces around a lot.

There is a lot of fun 80s music including, of course, You've Got the Touch, You've Got the Power! That and, for some reason, my favorite Weird Al song. The rest are big hair band ballads.

There are several big named actors in the voice rules including Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Eric Idle, and Judd Nelson, to name a few. Of course, it wouldn't be Optimus Prime without Peter Cullen!

Overall it's still a fun one but it was so busy it got distracting. It did bring back some of my early teenage years though so...mission accomplished.

Yes, I'll recommend this. It's still a boatload better than the Michael Bay films! :)

Comments