The Lost City (2022)

Today's third movie of the day = The Lost City. This one stars Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, and Daniel Radcliffe. It is now available to stream on Paramount+.

The story is about a romance novelist and the model for the covers of her books. A rich tycoon is trying to find a treasure that the author wrote about. He's eccentric and it was a fun role for Radcliffe.

It wasn't a bad movie but it also wasn't as good as it could have been. I got a few chuckles here and there but it seemed to me like the writers were trying too hard to make some jokes. This, in turn, made a lot of funny moments fall flat for me.

There were some fun elements to the film but I felt it could have been better. They were trying to get that Romancing the Stone vibe but not quite getting there. It didn't help that I didn't feel the chemistry between Tatum and Bullock. (In real life they are separated by 25 years).

There was one character that instantly elevated the film to where I was interested in watching. The character was funny, interesting, and one of my favorite actors. Problem is, they are only in the film for about ten minutes at most. A big lost opportunity if you ask me.

This one just kinda falls straight in the middle for me with leaning more towards the negative than the positive.

I will, very hesitantly, recommend it but I'd suggest going to watch Romancing the Stone again for a better time.

Comments