Russian Doll Season Two Review

I enjoyed the first season of this show. It was unique and interesting and fun. I never knew where it was going and the payoff for the season was fun.

In season two I had some similar attitudes but it took a lot more to get to the same conclusion. It completely changed gears from the 'Groundhog Day' of the first season and this one focused on time travel.

The basic idea is that the Nadia character, after getting past the hurdles of the first season, now has a new challenge. When she gets on a subway she time travels and becomes her past relatives, including her mother.

There is a lot more to the story but it's hard to explain without giving anything away. There are existential quandaries going on that culminate in the final episode.

I won't lie, I did have to go look up some videos after I was done so I could know what the heck was going on. One of the explanations didn't really answer some questions but the other one did which made me appreciate the season more.

Overall, it is an interesting and very unique show but I'm guessing it is also going to be a very niche one. I will recommend it but be aware it is trippy and psychedelic so it didn't make much sense at first.

Comments