Moon Knight Series (or Season) Review

So I put that title up there as there is a rumor that Disney is going to continue this series. It was meant as a 6-episode One-Off but I don't think Disney realized what they had on their hands when they greenlit the series. Now it seems only logical to have it continue!

I say this because the series was excellent! I knew nothing about Moon Knight other than what he looked like. He was never a Marvel property I ever got into. That being said, now I'm more interested than ever to look into that history.

Oscar Isaac brought his A-Game to the role! He had some great acting going on over the course of the season. They could have easily made him another superhero fighting a generic bad guy but instead they focused heavily on his multiple personalities and he did a convincing job switching back and forth, often in the same scene or even mid-sentence! It gave me a whole new appreciation for his acting skills!

The story follows a character with disassociative disorder. The thing is, he's what's called an avatar for an Egyptian God, Khonshu. I can't really go into too much more detail without spoiling it.

With the season finale, this series made its way to my second favorite MCU Disney+ series right after Wandavision but now before Loki. I love that it's not your typical origin story and that the focus isn't so much on the powers of the character but the internal struggle instead. The character was compelling and I found myself looking forward to each Wednesday as a new episode was released.

If you couldn't guess, yes, I'm absolutely recommending this one!

Comments