Hail to the Deadites (2021)

Today's second movie of the day = Hail to the Deadites. It's a documentary about the fans of the Evil Dead franchise.

I went in to this hoping for more. What I was hoping for was more of a Camp Crystal Lake or Never Sleep Again so I could see some of the inner workings of making the films. Instead, I got Evil Dead geeks being geeky. I'm one of those geeks but I didn't really care about others.

The documentary was made by geeks, for geeks, but it just wasn't that interesting to me. The best thing that I got out of it was seeing some pieces from Tom Sullivan, one of the main practical effects guys on the films. The other thing I got from it is that Bruce Campbell seems like a great guy IRL.

Overall I was just disappointed. I want that behind the scenes documentary as it would be great to learn how such an iconic series was built on a $350,000 budget.

No, I would not recommend this one.

Comments