For Your Consideration (2006)

Today's movie of the day = For Your Consideration. I'm a fan of Christopher Guest films and I'd seen all of them except for this one so it was time to dive in. I'll always say that an average Guest film is still better than most of the schlock out there. I know some folks aren't a fan of it mockumentary types of films but Guest perfected them.

This one had the usual cast of actors, another thing I love about Guest films. Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Harry Shearer, Parker Posey, and the rest. I will say that no matter what Fred Willard was in, I always find him hilarious and this is no exception. (RIP Mr. Willard).

The story focuses on a little production of a film called Home for Purim. It then starts getting Oscar buzz for some of the actors which, in turn, boosts their egos a bit.

I think the thing I love about Guest films is that they are satirical in nature but you can also see that they are grounded in reality. The characters aren't 'perfect' and could represent any one of us on any given day. This is where a part of the charm of his films come across.

Side note: In regards to mockumentary films, this one had small roles for John Krasinkski and Ricky Gervais. With Gervais using mockumentary on the original UK version of The Office and Krasinkski, of course, playing Jim in the US version.

Yes, I'll recommend any Guest film so I'll obviously recommend this one. My favorite is still Best in Show, however.

Comments