Constantine: The House of Mystery (2022)

Today's second film of the day = Constantine: The House of Mystery. This is the latest DC Animated film. What I didn't know is that it is a DC Showcase one so it consisted of four stories, only one of which focused on John Constantine! Argh!

The first story is about Constantine paying the price for messing with the timeline after the Apokalips War.

The second story is about a character I'd never heard of before, Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth. It deals with him having to go through some trials to prove himself.

The third story is based on the World War II unit, The Losers. In it they attempt to shut down a time portal.

The fourth story was about Blue Beetle. I was excited about this one until they went 1970s retro with it and made it cheesy animation and story.

Each story was decent, in their own right, but I was expecting a new feature-length Constantine film so I won't say I wasn't disappointed that it wasn't all about his character. He's one of my favorites and he only got twenty minutes which seems like a cop out considering the title of the film said it was his film.

I wish they had made the Blue Beetle one more serious as I've been a fan of his for awhile and look forward to the upcoming DCU film.

Overall the different stories were decent. I would have just been more content if they were four different Constantine films but by now I'm sounding like a broken record.

I'll recommend this if you're a fan of any of the titles but it's more like watching a Saturday morning cartoon marathon than a DC Animated film.

Comments