The Adam Project (2022)

Today's movie of the day = The Adam Project. It's a Netflix exclusive starring MCU actors. Ok, so let's take roll call for this: Deadpool, Gamora, Elektra, and Hulk.

The story is about Ryan Reynolds as an older version of his younger self in a time travel situation. I do give kudos to Walker Scobell as the younger version, as he holds his own, especially with this being his first feature film and having to keep up with Reynolds, et. al.

I both enjoyed this film and cringe at a part of it as well. It was a fun time travel film. I usually try to keep too much science out of my brain and just go with the flow on these. HOWEVER, something that had little to do with the plot COMPLETELY removed me from the film and that was a horrible Deepfake! It was worse than Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian. It was so so so bad! Every time this character was on the screen I winced and that's no exaggeration. It was so bad it lowered my overall opinion of the film.

Other than that, however, I liked that the story did have a deeper message. It made it about something other than just time travel and it was heartwarming.

I will, half-heartedly, recommend this film. It's a good one if you can get past the Deepfake. I, however, could not, especially knowing that fans out there can do a helluva lot better as witnessed by their update to Luke being much more convincing.

Comments