Metal Lords (2022)

Today's movie of the day = Metal Lords. It's a new Netflix film.

It centers on two misfit teens who are trying to become a heavy metal band. The lead actor is all about metal while his friend knows next to nothing about it. There are ups and downs over the course of the film.

I liked it but I thought there could have been 'more' to it. For a film that focuses on metal, there were really only three songs that were (mostly) complete. There are riffs from some other great tunes but that's about it. The other thing is that it focuses on the relationship between the two main characters but I kinda wondered why they were friends in the first place (it is mentioned but that's about it).

I liked my metal as a teen. I was on the Metallica train before they became popular. I listened to a lot of this music back then (and still do from time-to-time). I was also a geek and still proudly fly that flag. So I was a combination of the two main characters.

I wanted to like this film more but it will be a one and done for me. I'm recommending it but it's not one you have to rush to see. If you like metal, you're going to like it more. If you want a Battle of the Bands film, go watch Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey or Scott Pilgrim vs. the World again. :)

Comments