Electric Dreams (1984)

Today's movie of the day = Electric Dreams. I've seen this one a bunch before but only found out this morning that it had been released digitally so I had to pick it up.

This one still holds up. Yes, the tech side of things is way old but the ideas behind the film are still relevant. Of course, the big reason this film is so good is it has a fantastic soundtrack. It's one of those soundtracks that I've listened to many times and can sing word for word.

The story is about a wish dot com version of George McFly who decides to buy a computer to make his life more organized. Some movie magic occurs and the computer becomes sentient. From there it is a quest to figure out what love is.

I've always enjoyed this film. I was surprised to see such a low rating on iTunes. Maybe it's just nostalgia for me but I still enjoyed every minute.

Yes, I'll recommend this. It's harder to get your hands on these days but it's worth the search.

P.S. After posting this I saw that the fans gave it a 71% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes so at least it gets more credit with the fans.

Comments