Death on the Nile (2022)

Today's movie of the day = Death on the Nile (2022). I was not familiar with the story so felt it was time to dive into another Poirot film as I enjoyed Branaugh as him in Murder on the Orient Express.

This one was ok. I joke and say it should be called Poirot: Origins as it shows us why he wears the fun moustache. :) It is fun to see the character though and I'm sure he was a template for Columbo.

This one deals with, you guessed it, a murder on a voyage down the Nile River. Lots of people with lots of motives, stuck in a fishbowl on a cruise liner.

I did catch one thing that led me to have some suspicion about a character but I was never 100% aware of who the killer was. It turned out that my suspicion was correct but it wasn't because I figured it out, it was just one throwaway line that did it.

Overall I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than Murder on the Orient Express as I had seen another version of that one prior to the remake so I knew what was coming. In this one, I had no clue so I had to pay closer attention.

I'll recommend this one if you like mysteries. It has enough going for it that I felt it was worthy of a viewing.

Comments