The Suicide Theory (2015)

Today's movie of the day = The Suicide Theory. Almost done with my Australian film marathon. This film didn't have any actors I recognized but the two main characters did an excellent job.

I'll preface this review by stating that there are a couple of things that require some big suspensions of disbelief. That being said, I was able to get over them by the end of the film.

It's hard to give story background without giving too much away. The story centers around a hitman and a guy who wants him to kill him. Thing is, the guy who wants to be killed can't really die. As the film progresses, these two form an unlikely relationship.

One of the big themes is that of fate versus free will. They do a pretty good job on covering these topics.

I was going to dismiss this film as being average, but the last fifteen minutes are wrapped up in a way that makes sense. It's one of those films I'll be thinking about for a few days which is always a good thing.

Yes, I'll recommend this one. It is unique and unusual but worth the viewing, IMHO. Just get past the disbelief and, trust me, it'll be no problem by the end.

Comments