Storm Boy (2019)

Today's movie of the day = Storm Boy. Another Australian film in my marathon.

This one was pretty good. It's the story of a boy who rescues three pelican babies and rears them to adulthood. There is a story that happens with the adult version of the boy but it's somewhat irrelevant to the big picture.

Geoffrey Rush plays the old version of the boy as he tells his tale to his granddaughter.

I can't say too much more about it without giving away the story. I can say that the pelicans are 95% real with two quick CGI scenes which stand out like a sore thumb.

My biggest thing is that I would have liked more of the story of the aboriginie as he had a great character.

Good film. Good family film. It's included in Amazon Prime (with a few ads).

Yes, I'll recommend this one.

Comments