Mythic Quest Seasons One and Two Review

Mythic Quest Review

I never reviewed the first season so here is one for seasons one and two and the two special episodes. On a side note before I begin, the series has been renewed by Apple TV+ for two more seasons already.

I enjoy this series. I'm surprised it took me as long to watch season two as it did but I binged it this week. The chemistry between characters is excellent. It's kinda like The Office meets Silicon Valley meets video game nerds. Heck, Ashly Burch is one of the main characters (she voices Aloy in the Horizon games I adore).

The series follows this group of programmers, testers, artists, etc. as they work on the game Mythic Quest. There are clashes over ideas and getting the work done but things mostly work out.

It had a good core of actors including Rob McIlhenny and David Hornsby from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashly Burch, Danny Pudi from Community, and F. Murray Abraham, to name a few. One of my favorite characters in the second season is Jo played by Jessie Ennis.

Overall it's a fun series so far and I look forward to future seasons. The sense of humor is there and the chemistry I mentioned before makes it more fun. Oh, before I forget, there are actually two episodes in season two that ends up making a main character have a tragic backstory.

Yes, I'll recommend this series. There aren't a ton of episodes but what is out there is worth viewing.

Comments